Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Are You Still Back There? - Bird Painting

“Valor lies just halfway between rashness and cowardice.”
– Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra



Are You Still Back There?

Watercolor & Sharpie

I  saw on Facebook yesterday (from our Mayor) that Willie Nelson is coming to play at the Eufaula Cove Amphitheater on July 2nd.  That is way cool!  This little burg will be hopping that weekend.  We already go from around 2500 to 25,000 people on a holiday weekend, during the summer.  I imagine we’ll exceed that by many thousands.  Today is the first time I have seen the video on the Levelland Productions website.  That’s a lot of people packed in there!   (I haven’t been to a concert at the cove.)

Can you tell that I need to think about summer?  This week, we are supposed to see some 50s and 60s, before it gets cold again.  I’m going to plan some outside jobs and get a little vitimin D.  :D

This is the last of the little birds I painted a couple weeks ago.  Gee… I wonder what’s next?

About Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

The Spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, who was renowned for his picaresque novel Don Quixote de la Mancha, had as colorful and difficult a life as his hero. He was born in 1547 near Madrid. He lost the use of his left hand in the battle of Lepanto, after which Barbary pirates captured him and his crew for five years. Later, he was fired from his tax-collecting job and began writing Don Quixote in debtor’s prison. It was published in 1605 and made him an overnight success. He died in 1616.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment