Friday, September 9, 2011

There’s a Bear in the House!

“Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones.”
– Phillips Brooks

I LOVE that quote.  It’s so true!



There’s a Bear in the House! – 6″ x 6″ Watercolor & Sharpie

I painted this little painting for the couple that own the wonderful cabin I stayed in on my vacation.  This is where I set up my art supplies and did a lot of painting.  The kitchen table became my studio.  Since the cabin is named 4 Paws and there are little bear things all through the house, I thought it would be fun to put a bear in the painting.

I mounted it on black canvas, and I’m going to put it in the mail to them today.  :)

About Phillips Brooks

Phillips Brooks, the American clergyman now mostly known for writing the words to the Christmas song, “O Little Town of Bethlehem,” was one of the most influential ministers of his time, with his sermons reprinted in major newspapers. He delivered the eulogy at Abraham Lincoln’s funeral. Born in Boston in 1835, he spent most of his life there as overseer of Harvard University, rector of Trinity Church, and bishop of Massachusetts. He died in 1893, and the day of his funeral was declared an official day of mourning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment