Friday, July 17, 2009

Ice Cream Cone - July 17, 2009

Inches make champions.

-- Vince Lombardi


What's the difference between success and failure? Ideal conditions? Half again as much effort? Twice the talent? Ten times "the breaks"? Or is it simply that some people have what it takes and some people don't?


Vince Lombardi, the football coach who brought the Green Bay Packers from fifteen losing seasons to successive world championships, thought success was a matter of inches. A bit more concentration, one extra push in practice, a consistent second effort for a tiny additional gain. He didn't ask his players to be something other than they were - he asked them to improve their best an inch at a time. He knew inches add up, in life as in sports.


Today, I will be aware that I am a champion in the making. I may not make a complete turnaround today, but I will make progress.

Earnie Larsen & Carol Larsen Hegarty

Oooooo, I like that a lot!
.
Ice Cream Cone
2.5" x 3.5"
Watercolor & Ink
"I" for Alphabet ATC Exchange

1 comment:

carol edan said...

What a wonderful bit of philosophy to start the day with!!!
Carol [carol_lee]

Post a Comment

Post a Comment