Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hot Air Balloon

Character, not circumstances, makes the man.
Booker T. Washington
 
That is such a true statement!
 
 
Hot Air Balloon
6″ x 9″ Watercolor
.
I painted this Saturday, from a reference by Pencilz over at WetCanvas.  I absolutely loved the experience!  I painted purely for the joy of it.  Fun!
.
Yesterday was a good day.  My flight instructor finally liked one of my landings!   (My old brain is not taking to landings as well as I had hoped.)
.
When I came back into the Muskogee airport office after my lesson, I was writing checks and not really paying attention to the people that just arrived in a beautiful little turbo prop plane.  Then I hear… “Beth?”.  I stood there face to face with an old girlfriend who had moved to Alabama!   She was only there because their flight got diverted due to clouds in McAlester.    What are the chances of that happening?  She looked great and her boyfriend was the cute pilot of that nice plane.  I took a lot of pleasure in seeing her so happy.  She’s had a rough couple of years.
.
It just made my day!  It also reminded me of my own blessings.  It really is a good life!  :)
.

About Booker T. Washington

Booker T. Washington, the influential American educator, was the first African-American to be invited to the White House; he also had tea with Queen Victoria. He was born in slavery in Virginia in 1856. After emancipation, he worked in the salt mines. When he learned of a school that would accept former slaves, he walked much of the 400 miles to get there. He became an outspoken advocate of education and hard work for African-Americans and founded Tuskegee University. He died in 1915.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment