Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I See You! - Frog Painting

“No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched.”
– George Jean Nathan

Do you think a frog can clench his fists?  :D




I See You!
2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor and Ink ATC

I painted this little guy on a flight to Barbados in 2008.  I can remember it like it was yesterday.  I wonder why I never painted in the leaves?  :)

About George Jean Nathan

George Jean Nathan, the acerbic American drama critic, was renowned for what he called destructive theater criticism, which helped shape a more serious theatrical community and paved the way for modern critics. He was born in 1882 in Indiana. He and H.L. Mencken coedited the magazines Smart Set and The American Mercury. Although he found little to like in the theater, he became a fierce champion of the playwrights he did appreciate, including Eugene O’Neill and Sean O’Casey. He died in 1958.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment