Monday, November 14, 2011

Mountain Goat – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

“The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labour is immense.”
– Arnold Bennett



Mountain Goat – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

I have learned so much this last week.  I upgraded to Windows 7 from XP Professional.   When I did that, I had to buy a $545.00 upgrade for my sign software, then a new monitor.  This was after replacing two internal hard drives.    I have learned that you better deactivate Photoshop CS 5, before you wipe out your hard drive.  They consider it as an install on separate computers and they won’t reactivate if you already have it on 2 computers.  grrrrr.  After an online chat with someone in India (or wherever Shatik lives) I was able to plead my case and get it reactivated.

I also learned that Microsoft XP( Seagate external) backups do not restore to Windows 7.  Ackkk!  But, You can open the backup on an XP computer, copy/paste items to the external hard drive, then come back and copy/paste them to your Windows 7 hard drive.  *sigh*  I finally retrieved my beloved fonts and pictures.  YAY!!

During all of this, I learned that if I remain the calmest person in the room, nothing is so awful that I can’t handle it with grace and composure.  I don’t even think I blurted any expletives during this fiasco.    I still have the best customers, friends, family and computer guru in the world.  All will return to normal very soon.  :D

About Arnold Bennett

Popular British novelist Arnold Bennett wrote more than 30 well-received novels, including The Old Wives Tale, the fictional life story of two sisters. He was born in 1867 in Hanley, in the heart of the six Staffordshire towns known as the Potteries. Although he left as an adult, settling in London and then Paris, he set much of his fiction in his birthplace, giving the novels a gritty realist texture. He died in 1931.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment