Thursday, February 23, 2012

Underpainting Sneak Peek – 12″ x 6″ x 1.5″ Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

“The quickest way to change your attitude toward pain is to accept the fact that everything that happens to us has been designed for our spiritual growth.”
–M. Scott Peck

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Underpainting Sneak Peek – 12″ x 6″ x 1.5″ Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

Okay… so I told you about the new Bethville acrylic series I am working on.  I finally got the underpainting started on the first 3 canvases.  I am so excited.  I think they are going to turn out so cute.  As you can see, I paint all around the edges, so that they require no framing.  I start with a black gessoed canvas, so they will need a lot of layers of paint and glaze before they are finished.  I wish I had more time to paint.  :)

M. Scott Peck

Dr. Peck was born on May 22, 1936 in New York City, the younger of two sons to David Warner Peck, a prominent lawyer and jurist, and his wife Elizabeth Saville. He married Lily Ho in 1959, and they had three children.

Dr. Peck received his B.A. degree magna cum laude from Harvard College in 1958, and his M.D. degree from the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in 1963. From 1963 until 1972, he served in the United States Army, resigning from the position of Assistant Chief Psychiatry and Neurology Consultant to the Surgeon General of the Army with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and the Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster. From 1972 to 1983, Dr. Peck was engaged in the private practice of psychiatry in Litchfield County, Connecticut.   Source and more info:  www.mscottpeck.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment