Friday, February 10, 2012

Winter Wheat – 6″ x 6″ Watercolor & Sharpie

Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life.
–Burton Hillis

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Winter Wheat – 6″ x 6″ Watercolor & Sharpie

I saw a black and white photo of a tractor in the midst of some Kansas winter wheat crops in a newspaper and it spoke to me.  This is what came from my brain, while thinking about the wonderful winter wheat crops in Oklahoma.  When we drive from Eufaula to Oklahoma City, I love seeing those bright green fields of color, surrounded by all that is a dull wintery brown.  This is going to be a larger acrylic painting.

Burton Hillis seems to be an elusive fellow.  I couldn’t find much of anything on him.  I did find the statement below, which I like very much… even if I can’t whistle.   Hey,  I can hum!   :)

Burton Hillis speaks of whistling as an outlet for the joy and peace that well in the heart. Moreover, he strongly believes that one who whistles cannot be harboring any meanness or malice deep in his heart. Whoever hears an angry person whistle?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment