Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wonderful Old Fire Truck – 4″ x4″ Watercolor & Sharpie


“Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.”
– William James
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012
Wonderful Old Fire Truck – 4″ x4″ Watercolor & Sharpie
Monday, my work computer crawled off into a corner and died.  My computer guru thinks it needs a new motherboard and processor.  Since he built it custom for me, he knows it well…  like his own baby.  So he took custody of it and hopes to have it back under my roof on Monday.
This basically puts my sign shop on stand-by mode.  So, rather than cry or throw something… I painted this little dude.  Art calms me and gives me time to think and sort stuff out.  At 5:00, I usually lock the door and get down to some serious, uninterrupted work until about 6:30.  Yesterday at 5:00, I went next door to the nail salon and got a pedicure.  This is only the second one I’ve ever had and the massage chair is incredible!
I am practicing what I preach, so I can still be happy and have good days until my computer comes home to start making signs again.  I choose to be happy and that’s exactly what I’m going to do today.  :)
I painted this from a photo from WetCanvas.   I just can’t remember who’s it was.  (that’s on my work computer)
About William James
American psychologist and philosopher William James, brother to author Henry James, wrote voluminously during his life, exploring a range of issues from a theory of emotion to a philosophy of history. He was born in New York in 1842 and wanted to be an artist, but his father disapproved. He obtained a medical degree but felt unsatisfied and depressed, leading to a crisis that he called his soul sickness. After this turning point, he began his fulfilling second career. He died in 1910.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment