Friday, August 24, 2012

Doctor’s Building at McAlester Regional Hospital – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

“No great deed, private or public, has ever been undertaken in a bliss of certainty.”
– Leon Wieseltier

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Doctor’s Building at McAlester Regional Hospital – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

I was in McAlester Monday and had 30 minutes to kill, so I drew this building on a little pad of 4″ x 6″ watercolor paper I had in my bag.  Then I painted it over the last couple mornings before work.  The ink is Prismacolor pen.  I have been using them more than Sharpie because I have more control and I have 5 sizes ranging from .01 to .08.  They are awesome!  :)

About Leon Wieseltier

Leon Wieseltier, the sharp-tongued literary editor of The New Republic, has used his role to deliver brilliant, scathing put-downs of intellectual fads and pretense. He was born in Brooklyn in 1952. He studied Jewish history and philosophy at Columbia, Oxford, and Harvard’s Society of Fellows. He won the National Jewish Book Award for the memoir Kaddish, about his year of mourning after his father’s death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment