Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Town Hall – Carlisle, UK – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
– Theodore Seuss Giesel

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Town Hall – Carlisle, UK – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink

Dominic hosted last weekend’s WDE at WetCanvas and he lives in Carlisle, UK.  I loved painting this building, as soon as I used my magic to remove all the tourists mulling about.  Something about lots of people in paintings that I just can’t do.  I suppose I should practice painting people…. but not today.  :)

About Theodore Seuss Giesel

Theodor Seuss Geisel, the beloved Dr. Seuss, is renowned to generations of children as the author of Green Eggs and Ham and other deliciously absurd picture books. He was born in 1904 in Springfield, Massachusetts. His first book, And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, was rejected 27 times. He wrote The Cat in the Hat after Houghton Mifflin asked him to write a children’s primer using fewer than 250 easy-reader words. He died in 1991.

Wow… rejected 27 times!  See… if at first you fail, try, try again.  Thank goodness he didn’t give up.  We would not have had all those wonderful books to grow up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment