Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Eufaula – Main & Selmon Facing South – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor & Ink

“None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Eufaula – Main & Selmon Facing South – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor & Ink

If you turn left right here, my sign shop is about 3/4 of a block on the right.   Funny thing about this painting… I took it over to the gallery (Our Favorite Place)  on Friday and before I even left… it sold!  Yay!!!!  And a couple more small paintings and a few postcards…. before I even left the gallery!  Love it!

In this painting, Our Favorite Place is the 4th building down on the right.  It’s a quick 2 minute walk from my shop.  I’m taking two more paintings over there today.  Of course I have to have a caramel latte while I’m there.   :)

About Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ralph Waldo Emerson helped spark the transcendentalist movement with the essay Nature, which described his belief in the spiritual essence of humanity and the natural world. He was born in Boston in 1803. He was a Unitarian minister until he resigned in 1832 to become a philosopher and writer. He suffered the untimely deaths of many of his loved ones: three brothers, his first wife at age 20, and his eldest son at age five. Emerson died in 1882.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment