Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Little Featherly Bird

“This I conceive to be the chemical function of humor: to change the character of our thought.”
– Lin Yutang

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

A Feathery Little Bird

I am going to revisit my various bird paintings, while I try to get some new work done.  I hope that’s okay.  There are some cuties.

My sign shop continues to be insanely busy!  I am trying to stay off the computer as much as possible.  It’s hard, too.  Since I work alone, the computer is my connection to so many people and so much brain stimuli.  But as everyone knows… it’s easy for a quick 15 minute look-see to turn into an hour of no work getting done.

Okay… here I go…  really…. going to make signs…. yes I am….. bye…….  for now.    :D

About Lin Yutang

 

Chinese author Lin Yutang wrote more than 35 books in English and Chinese, including My Country and My People and The Importance of Living, which brought him international fame. He was born in 1895 in the Fujian province in China. He created a Chinese-American dictionary, an indexing system for Chinese letters, and translated many classic Chinese texts. Written in a humorous, accessible style, his books bridged European and Chinese cultures. He died in 1976.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment