Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Eufaula Zentangle Postcard Idea



“A real blessing of growing old is the freedom it gives us to be who we really are. Of course, we could have been our real selves our whole lives. No doubt some of us were. However, far too many of us struggled to impress others with the person we thought we ought to be, and in the process, we lost a lot of real living. Fortunately, it’s never too late to project the real us.
Do we know for certain who we really are? Age is no guarantee that we do. Living through others is not so uncommon, unfortunately, and if that describes us, then we still have the task of discovering who we really are. But let’s think of it as an adventure rather than a task. It’s a journey, one that promises to be full of surprises.
We have earned the right to speak our minds. We have earned the right to whatever beliefs appeal to us. Most particularly, we have earned the right to spend our days fulfilling whatever dreams we want. We’re lucky  Being as silly as I want to be today feels good. I have it coming!”
–Karen Casey


“I feel at this age I can go overboard and be as ridiculous as I want.”
Miriam Hofmeier

.
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Another Postcard Experiment

I’m having fun playing with the ideas for new Eufaula postcards.  As a tourist town, we really need more than what is currently out there.  I love being able to do this.  Since my sign shop offers business card and postcard services, I can get them at cost and share them freely.  Perk.

Today is my last work day before my vacation.  I am so excited to see my family and spend some alone time in the mountains.  I am going to really rest and really play.  I plan to even try a zip line!  Wheeeeeeee!  I’ll try to post some while I’m gone, but no promises.  I’m not going to put any pressure on myself for 10 days…. outside of getting to airports in time to catch flights.  I might need to pay attention long enough to get on airplanes.  he he he

I only take one vacation every other year, so I’m going to make it count.  Yes… self employment rocks, but it keeps me really hooked up and busy.  I’m looking forward to some of that un-busy stuff.  :)

Miriam M Hofmeier 1906 – 1987 was a member of the Hofmeier family. Miriam was born on May 25, 1906. Miriam died on October 22, 1987 at 81 years old.  Miriam M Hofmeier’s last known residence is at Berryville, Carroll County, AR.

Karen Casey, Ph.D., a Naples, FL resident since 1991, published Each Day a New Beginning, her first book, in 1982. This daily meditation book for women in recovery has sold more than 3 million copies. The 25-year Anniversary edition of Each Day a New Beginning was released in August, 2006. It was closely followed by The Promise of a New Day, in 1983, another daily meditation book for both men and women in search of serenity. It has sold more than 1.2 million copies. Following on the heels of these two books, Karen has written 25 additional books.  Let Go Now: Embracing Detachment was published a little more than 2 years ago. Peace A Day At a Time, was published in February of 2011.  Her memoir, My Story to Yours, which was published as an ebook and available on amazon, along with Hazelden, and  was available as a book too in October of 2011.   Her newest book in print is Getting Unstuck, a workbook that is a companion to Change Your Mind and Your Life will Follow.  It was published  fall of 2012.  Her newest one: The Good Stuff, a book detailing the positive aspects of growing up in dysfunctional families, (there are positives galore!), will be in print in October, 2013.  And the books will continue.  Keep checking this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment