Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cuckoo Clock Number 2

“Striving for perfection is the greatest stopper there is.… It’s your excuse to yourself for not doing anything. Instead, strive for excellence, doing your best.”
Sir Laurence Olivier

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2014
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2014

Cuckoo Clock Number 2 – A Watercolor Sketch

I like this one.  It just makes me happy.  :)

I love that quote today.  If I were to strive for perfection, I’d never be able to do little things like this.  The joy is in the creation, just for the sake of my love for art.

About Sir Laurence Olivier

The brilliant English actor Laurence Olivier, known for roles in such films as The Entertainer, Rebecca, and Wuthering Heights, was central in founding Britain’s National Theater, and was artistic director there for ten years. He was born on May 22, 1907 in Surrey. Not a Method actor, he used external attributes to create a character. He craved performance and was depressed between jobs. He was the first actor to direct his own Oscar-winning performance, in Hamlet. He died on July 11, 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment