Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Underdogs

“It is said that all you are seeking is also seeking you.  It has been waiting for you for a long time.  Once it is here, don’t move away.  Rest.  See what happens next.”
--Clarissa Pinkola-Estes



The Underdogs
4″ x 6″ Watercolor Postcard
Reference Photo by Chelsi Rae Glein

My niece, Chelsi, has always been a champion for the underdogs.  When I was painting from her photo for this, I was thinking about how she probably saw real beauty in this view of what I am guessing to be the reject pile, at the pumpkin farm.  I enjoyed thinking of what a delightful child she was and what an amazing woman she has become, while I added each little dab of color.

I also see the beauty, Chelsi Rae!  :)


Clarissa Pinkola Estés, PhD, is an internationally recognized scholar, award-winning poet, Diplomate senior Jungian psychoanalyst, and cantadora (keeper of the old stories in the Latina tradition.) In addition to her international bestseller Women Who Run With the Wolves, Dr. Estés is Deputy Managing Editor and columnist writing on politics, spirituality and culture at the newsblog TheModerateVoice.com and a columnist at The National Catholic Reporter online.  Connect with her on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment