Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ducklings on Masa

“No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched.”
– George Jean Nathan

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2011

Ducklings on Masa – 5″ x 7″ Watercolor

No… these ducklings are not high on tamales.  (In case you were wondering from the title)  :D   They were painted on some masa paper I prepared a few months ago.  I was working on different papers from my stash over the weekend.  I had a great time playing with my paints.

In this stress filled time of year, I can find complete calm within the walls of my studio.  Nothing bad can penetrate that space.  It just can’t get in.  I hope you have a place where you can go to escape from the stress, if even for just a moment, during the hectic holidays.

This was painted from my own photo of a brand new family of ducklings at the marina at Jellystone, here in Eufaula.  They were so sweet!

About George Jean Nathan

George Jean Nathan, the acerbic American drama critic, was renowned for what he called destructive theater criticism, which helped shape a more serious theatrical community and paved the way for modern critics. He was born in 1882 in Indiana. He and H.L. Mencken coedited the magazines Smart Set and The American Mercury. Although he found little to like in the theater, he became a fierce champion of the playwrights he did appreciate, including Eugene O’Neill and Sean O’Casey. He died in 1958.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment