Friday, December 9, 2011

Early Bird & Liebster Blog Award

“Our greatest danger in life is permitting the urgent things to crowd out the important.”
– Charles E. Hummel



Early Bird – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

I had the most wonderful surprise this morning.  I received the Liebster Blog Award from Trisha over at  creatingreciprocity.    I really enjoy Trisha’s blog.    She shares ways that she finds that can help us live together as one.  She says it really well here.   Go see Trisha’s Liebster Blog post.



Trisha writes… Go raibh míle maith agat is Irish for Many Thanks. In fact it literally means “may you have a thousand good (things)”.   The Liebster Award appears to be somewhat mysterious, but it also appears to exist as a means of encouragement.

It’s intention seems to be to create more and more and more connections between people – which is a wonderful – and wondrous – thing.   Trisha received this award from Amy and the spirit of the award must be working, because I have already subscribed to Amy’s blog, Radical Amazement.

Acceptance of the award requires that the recipient pass it on to five other bloggers, with less than 200 followers.  This is the hard part.   I follow some amazing art blogs, but I thought I would recognize some blogs outside my regular little group, so that they (my blog buddies) may enjoy getting out of our comfy little neighborhood, too.

Kana’s Chronicles -  Kana writes wonderful posts revolving around real life.  Her writing is heartwarming and genuine.   Kana says it best… “I am… a writer, an explorer, a coffee-drinker, a recovering addict, a barefoot linguist, a book-dragon (“bookworm” doesn’t cover it), a raconteur, a minister, a sailboat skipper, a research diver, a tattooed scholar, a pirate, a poet, a spiritual adventurer, a photographer, a cartographer, a joyful wife, a mom (and Granny), an island-girl at heart… A list-maker! :) ”   She hasn’t been blogging very long and she is drawing quite a crowd.

friendtoyourself- Sana Johnson-Quijada MD  found me, I think.  She commented on one of my posts and when I read some of her posts, I was hooked.  Here is what Sana tells us about her blog… “  I am a psychiatrist, writing on being a Friend to Yourself.  My passion is partnering with others to bring worthwhile tools on self-care into practice. I started this blog as a way to create a community of people interested, likewise, in becoming their own friend. I write about a wide variety of topics of interest, and I consider the reader comments even more important than my own posts!”   I love getting Sana’s posts and she really gets some great dialog going with her followers.

Asmalltowndad’s Weblog – Okay, okay… Ryan is in my little blogger group and he is an amazing artist, but he is included here for his wonderful love of family and the importance of the things that really matter.  Ryan can be a bit of a kook, and it’s part of the fun.  He can also bring tears to your eyes with his observations.

L. Gruger Art and Travels – Lindy has a wonderful blog.  She posts her beautiful art along with poems, musings, and photos of her adventures.  Lindy has a very positive spirit and her blog always brightens my day.

Little Dabs -  A blogger friend, Leslie White, told me about Little Dabs.  Wilhelmina writes amazing poetry and stories.  She and her husband fill the pages with art, too.  If you’re too tired to read her poetry, she includes a link where  you can just listen to her recite it.  I enjoy these posts very much!

I have not asked any of these wonderful bloggers if they will accept this award, but it is my genuine hope that they do.  (Side note – some of these people may have more than 200 followers, but I can’t tell.)  ((hugs))

Have a terrific Friday and a wonderful weekend!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment