Friday, February 6, 2009

February 6, 2009


Another 2.5" x 3.5" painting of yesterday's shoes. Of course, the laces have been changed to protect the innocent!

It's amazing what I have been discovering, through the exercises of marketing my art. I have been making signs for 17 years and they generally speak for themselves. After all these years, they seem to pretty much sell by word of mouth and reputation. I would love to be there someday with my art. It is interesting that sign people generally do not group together and help each other. It's a very competetive business. I am finding the opposite to be true with art. The more artists I gather with, the more confidence I seem to gain. We are a real community! I am very thankful for my artist friends.

Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to our attention by external opportunities. -William Bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment