Thursday, April 23, 2009

Feelin' Rosy - April 23, 2009

"Feelin' Rosy" - Watercolor 2.5" x 3.5"


... put our efforts where we can succeed.



The appeal of a "fix" tempts us. One day we dream, "If only I had a different job my life would be happy, or if only I had a different house." Perhaps we even dream of having a different partner. When we waste so much precious energy on trying to change something or someone outside ourselves, we usually end up alone, unhappy, or exhausted. It takes great effort and a long time to develop what we truly seek: love, self-acceptance, honesty, and peace of mind.



Fixing or changing our partner might appeal on the surface, but why not put our efforts where we can succeed? What can we change? Ourselves - by becoming less critical we build our honesty and self-worth. Do I block my own growth when I focus on someone else's action?

Merle Fossum and Mavis Fossum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment