Thursday, September 17, 2009

Greens - September 17, 2009

Remember Edison's remark: "If we did all the things we are capable of doing we would literally astonish ourselves." Astonish yourself!

Positive Thinking Every Day
-Norman Vincent Peale

.

Greens
4" x 6" Watercolor

This was a challenge that I'm not sure I pulled off. Lots and lots of green. aargh! I had fun, tho.


My husband told me yesterday that he went to hear a motivational speaker one day, when he was still working. It was some guy named Norman Vincent Peale. Norman Vincent Peale!! I would love to have had that opportunity! How cool would that be! I really believe strongly in the power of positive thinking!

Norman Vincent Peale (1898-1993) was the Champion of Positive Thinking. His legacy is with us to day in the ministry of the Schulers (CrystalCathedral.org), and is currently re-inforced by the highly bankable "The Secret" and there is no doubt that the Peale legacy is powerful and vibrant.

Peale confessed that as a youth he had "the worst inferiority complex of all," and developed his positive thinking/positive confession philosophy just to help himself. It certainly paid off!

Peale's works came under criticism from several mental health experts, one of whom directly said Peale was a con man and a fraud. (Meyer, Donald. "Confidence Man." New Republic. July 11, 1955, pp. 8-10.) These critics appeared in the early 1950s after the publication of The Power of Positive Thinking.

By the way - my husband loved his boat! I told him to be careful with it though, because I forgot to paint in the fenders. he he

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment