Monday, September 14, 2009

Pretty Kitty - September 14, 2009

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

– Thomas A. Edison

.

Pretty Kitty

5.25" x 8.75" Watercolor

I really enjoy that particular quote. When I started my sign business in 1992, I wore overalls all the time. It provided a brand for my business and it seemed to put people at ease, in the tight net little community I was breaking into. I'll have to say it worked, as I celebrated my 17th anniversary in April.

About Thomas A. Edison

Thomas Edison, the American inventor who made his early fortune with the stock ticker and the phonograph record, is credited with inventing the light bulb — although he simply improved upon the original idea by making the bulb burn longer. Edison was born in 1847 in Ohio. He was a dreamer in school; his teacher called him "addled," and his mother taught him at home. He used the money from his inventions to set up a lab with a number of employees; he held a record 1,093 patents in his name. He died in 1931.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment