Monday, September 21, 2009

Oreo the Dachshund - September 21, 2009

"What we hope ever to do with ease we may learn first to do with diligence."

Samuel Johnson


.


Oreo the Dachshund
Two - 4" x 4" Watercolors


My neighbor saw my Hip Cat painting and asked me to do a dachshund in purple for her girlfriend's work cubicle. Her friend is a real purple freak! These will be mounted on 1.5" thick gallery wrap canvases.

I am headed to Blackfoot, Idaho for my Mom's 80th birthday. Then to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a day of painting. I'll be off-line until Sunday, Sept. 27th. Have a great week!

About Samuel Johnson

Samuel Johnson, the sharp-witted British essayist, wrote the first English language dictionary; his definitions still form the backbone of current dictionaries. He was born in Staffordshire in 1709. Johnson married a widow 20 years his senior and lived in poverty before achieving success with his essays when he was in his forties. Later in life, he befriended the young James Boswell, whose Life of Johnson became the quintessential English biography. Johnson died in 1784.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment