Wednesday, October 7, 2009

P is for Peppers - October 7, 2009

"According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumble bee cannot fly."

There are times when we must go beyond all logic and take a chance with what we feel. These are the times when everything and everyone shouts No at us, and yet something deep inside says, "Go for it!"

We must go with our own convictions, our own conclusions. Life is too short for us to be led by the conclusions of others when we do not agree that they are right for us.

I am filled with the strength and energy I need today to follow my own truth. I am willing to take risks today and find out for myself what works for me in my life.

Time for Joy Daily Affirmations by Ruth Fishel

.
P is for Peppers
2.5" x 3.5" Watercolor & Pen

This is one of my favorite little ATCs. I'd like to do some more peppers, in acrylic perhaps.

ArtNowforAutism is doing a reverse auction to raise money for autism research. The first two days, the artwork was all $90 each. Today, they went to $60 each. They will stay there today and tomorrow. On the 9th and 10th, they will be $30. Check it out. There is some beautiful artwork there. They raised $2660 in the first two days. I'd love to see all of the donated artwork sell.

Ruth Fishel, is a therapist, retreat and workshop leader, and author of several books, including "Precious Solitude," "The Journey Within, A Spiritual Path to Recovery," a pioneer book on meditation, spirituality, and recovery, and the best-selling "Time for Joy." She also teaches "Stop! Do You Know You’re Breathing?" a program she developed for teachers and health care workers. She now co-directs Spirithaven, Inc., which she co-founded in 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment