Monday, October 26, 2009

Sleepy Cat - October 26, 2009

"We arrive at the truth, not by the reason only, but also by the heart."

Blaise Pascal


Sleepy Cat - October 26, 2009
2.5" x 3.5" Acrylic on Strathmore Canvas Paper

I did several little paintings on Sunday. It was a nice, relaxing day.

Eufaula's 4th Annual Art Walk is over. We started the event off with a free concert by Selby Minner & Blues on the Move. They were great!

Saturday was the best day! We had a street blocked off and filled it with artists, musicians, a storyteller, a poet, demonstrators, kids in costumes, a flute maker, two wineries doing wine tasting, a silent auction, beans & cornbread, sold in bowls the Quinton High School kids made, and an artist sharing his potter's wheel with anyone who wanted to get their hands dirty. I'm sure I left something out, but it was a wonderful day.

It was the first time I had a booth. I am always behind the scenes, but this year, I jumped right in the middle of the fun. I had such a good time. I sold two paintings, which is great, but I'd have had fun even without the sales. Of course, I lived on coffee, candy bars and cookies all day, so the caffeine and sugar may have been a factor. he he

Blaise Pascal was not only a mathematician and philosopher, he was also an inventor, having created the hydraulic press and the syringe. He was born in France in 1623. He showed a gift for math early: At age 12, he started rediscovering Euclid's theorems on his own. Later, spurred by a friend who liked gambling, he developed the theory of probabilities. After a life-threatening accident in 1654 he had a religious conversion, which led him to write about religious ethics and belief. He died in 1662.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment