Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday's Cat

“We make our fortunes and call them fate.”
– Benjamin Disreali
 
Sandy
4″ x 6″ Watercolor

I have a WetCanvas friend in Sweden who made me a very wonderful little felted portrait of my step-mother’s dog, Goldie.  I was so thrilled that I am doing little portraits of her cats.  I’m mailing them to her today and thought I’d share them with you this week.   So, this is the week of the watercolor cat.  :)

 This is Eliza.  She is a ragdoll, which are very loving and have gentle tempers.  Pelle and Sandy to follow.

About Benjamin Disreali

Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881) was a novelist, dandy, and ultimately a politician — he served twice as prime minister of England, the first (and thus far only) Jewish man to hold that office. He introduced a number of domestic reforms, including the Factory Act, the Public Heath Act, and the Education Act, but is best remembered for his imperialist foreign policies. During his second ministry Britain annexed the Fiji Islands and the Transvaal, purchased a controlling share of the Suez Canal, and declared Queen Victoria the empress of India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment