Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yogi Bear and Some Real Bears

“It is necessary to try to surpass oneself always; this occupation ought to last as long as life.”
– Queen Christina



Yogi Bear – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

I was in Idaho, I went to a cool place called Yellowstone Bear World.  I had so much fun there.  I was a tall 7 year old that could drive.  I went in the petting zoo and had a wonderful time petting little fawns and goats and even an albino baby elk.  Yes, I was affectionately calling them all honey.  Then I drove through the wild animal park, where I saw all kinds of critters.

Then, I paid a little extra and got to feed 6 little baby bears, one at a time of course.  That was way cool!  (The last photo of the bear on the pole is one of the babies.)   Here are some photos from that day.



About Queen Christina

Queen Christina of Sweden was the most famous woman of her time, outshining Queen Elizabeth of England. She was born in Stockholm in 1626 during a rare astrological conjunction. Her father insisted that she be raised as a boy and changed the law so she could become his heir. She became the reigning queen at age five. She helped end the Thirty Years War but abdicated her throne in 1654, converting to Catholicism and moving to Rome, where she became a patron of the arts. She died in 1689.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment