Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yogi Bear in Colored Pencil

“The capacity for hope is the most significant fact of life. It provides human beings with a sense of destination and the energy to get started.”
– Norman Cousins



Yogi Bear – 4″ x 6″ Colored Pencil Postcard

Scary, huh!  I am not very good at colored pencils.   I did this postcard back in 2008.  It says on the back that it took me 30 minutes to do it, so I feel a little better.  I did this same reference (from my own photo) in watercolor and pastel.  I thought I’d share them on Thursday and Friday.  Sorry there is no new art to share.

I have been super busy at work.  I am very blessed to have a shop full of work and no free time to play, but I sure miss my art.  I am studying in all my free time at home.  I really must finish up and get my pilot’s license.  No more dilly-dallying.

I am not complete when I am not creating art.  This is really hard, being so disciplined.  When I get my license, I’m going to celebrate by painting for an entire weekend… then I’ll go fly!  :)

About Norman Cousins

American writer and editor Norman Cousins is best known for his book, Anatomy of an Illness, an account of how he used nutrition and positive visualizations, including laughter, to heal from an illness diagnosed as fatal. He was born in New Jersey in 1915. He served many years as editor-in-chief of the Saturday Review, a job he loved. Under his guidance, circulation increased from 20,000 to 650,000. He received the UN Peace Medal for his world activism. He died in 1990.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment