Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mama Bird in Her Easter Duds

“For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!”
–Paul Anka for Frank Sinatra

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Mama Bird in Her Easter Duds – Watercolor & Ink

It’s another Eastery image for you.  I painted this during that monster snow storm we had in January of 2011.  I was in a motel room, since it wouldn’t be possible to get out of our steep driveway at home.  We were there for 4 days!  I liked this winter much better!!!

I’m still working on the large acrylic.  It’s coming along nicely.  I really hope I can finish it over the weekend, but we’ll see.  More sneak peeks coming.  :)

I heard My Way by Frank Sinatra on my way in to work today and I love the words to it, so when I got to work, I looked it up. This is part of that song.  The lyrics of “My Way” tell the story of a man who, having grown old, reflects on his life as death approaches. He is comfortable with his mortality and takes responsibility for how he dealt with all the challenges of life while maintaining a respectable degree of integrity.

“My Way” is a song popularized by Frank Sinatra. Its lyrics were written by Paul Anka and set to music based on the French song “Comme d’habitude” composed in 1967 by Claude François and Jacques Revaux, with lyrics by Claude François and Gilles Thibault. Comme d’habitude had in turn originally been written in English, titled “For Me”. Anka’s English lyrics are unrelated to the original French song or the earlier English version. “My Way” is often quoted as the most covered song in history.  Source:  Wikipedia

Listen to it here… Frank Sinatra, My Way (Live at the Royal Festival Hall 1971) by waytoblue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment