Thursday, April 5, 2012

Papa Bird Dresses for Easter

“I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, after all, to matter: to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all.”
– Leo Rosten

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Papa Bird Dresses for Easter – Watercolor & Ink

I painted this little dude at the same time as I painted yesterday’s mama bird.  I really love his shoes!  I would wear those shoes… much to the horror of my poor “footwear conservative” hubby.  He hates my red high tops.  he he he :D

About Leo Rosten

Leo Rosten, the Polish-American academic and author, is best known for his seminal The Joys of Yiddish, an amusing look at Yiddish words that have entered the American vernacular. Born in Lodz, Poland, in 1908, he immigrated to Chicago as a child. He wrote dozens of books, including a set of extremely popular humorous stories about Hyman Kaplan, a night-school student struggling with English. Under the pseudonym Leonard Q. Ross, he wrote mysteries and film noir screenplays. He died in 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment