Thursday, May 23, 2013

Final Ink on KC Commission - Ready for Paint

“Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.”
Aleksei Peshkov

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Final Ink on KC Commission – 8″ x 10″

I can’t wait to start adding paint!!  This really is just one house.  Isn’t it beautiful?

I am actually going to take Sunday and Monday off this weekend.  I haven’t taken a two day weekend in many months.  I hope I get some painting time in.  We’re having company, so I never know.  I like it when everybody sleeps in, so I can play with my paint.  :)

Have a very safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!

About Aleksei Peshkov

Russian social realist author Aleksei Peshkov, known as Maxim Gorky, was so esteemed that his birthplace, Nizhny Novgorod, was renamed Gorky in his honor. He was born in 1868. His parents died when he was young, and he left his home at age 12. He was arrested in the late 1880′s as a revolutionary. His writing, including his best-known novel, The Mother, portrayed a decadent society and immense poverty. He became disillusioned after the Russian Revolution, feeling Lenin’s Communism was little better. He died in 1936.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment