Monday, July 8, 2013

Hearts & Butterflies Bookmark

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
– Aristotle

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Bookmark 9 – Watercolor and Black Pigment Liner

On my last bookmark post, Mary Walker said… “I love the feeling I get sitting on the couch with a stack of three or more art books taking out the bookmark and reading a section popping the bookmark back in and moving on to the next. The weight of the books on my lap and the height it gives me to prop the book I’m reading feels right.”

That just made me want to go over to Mary’s house and read art books.  Doesn’t it sound wonderful?  :)

 

About Aristotle

 

Aristotle, the ancient Greek philosopher who is considered one of the most influential thinkers in history, wrote a number of books about science, poetry, and ethics. He was born in 384 B.C. in Macedonia. He studied with Plato in Athens and later tutored Alexander the Great. His death in 322 B.C. was rumored to be caused by hemlock poisoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment