Friday, July 12, 2013

Watercolor Aztec Bookmark

“It’s difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hope rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality.  It’s a wonder I haven’t abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical.  Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.  I simply can’t build my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death.”Ann Frank
 
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Aztec Bookmark – Watercolor & Black Pigment Liner

Another fun bookmark to make.  I painted some cows with this design, too!  I know!  Weird!  :)

Ann Frank

Born in Germany in 1929, Anne Frank is one of the most famous Jewish victims of the Holocaust because of the diary she kept during her time in hiding before being captured by the Nazis. She was only 13 years old when she and her family went into hiding. The writings from the two years she spent in such close proximity to her family was discovered and published by her father, Otto Frank and continue to touch people today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment