Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Kansas Crop Circles - December 16, 2009

“Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.”
Lin Yutang


Kansas Crop Circles

2.5″ x 3.5″

When I left the airport in Oklahoma City, on my way to Seattle last month, I was intrigued by the view. Since I have committed to flying lessons, I saw things differently than I have in the past. I sketched this scene on to a little ATC. (I always have watercolor supplies with me when I fly.) When I was in my hotel room in Port Townsend, I started painting it with Golden Fluid Acrylics. I finished it last weekend, after many more layers of glaze. I did another one, which I will share with you tomorrow. It was fun!

About Lin Yutang

Chinese author Lin Yutang wrote more than 35 books in English and Chinese, including My Country and My People and The Importance of Living, which brought him international fame. He was born in 1895 in the Fujian province in China. He created a Chinese-American dictionary, an indexing system for Chinese letters, and translated many classic Chinese texts. Written in a humorous, accessible style, his books bridged European and Chinese cultures. He died in 1976.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment