Thursday, December 17, 2009

Outlook Over Oklahoma

“Your life becomes the thing you have decided it shall be.”
– Raymond Charles Barker


Outlook Over Oklahoma

Four – 2.5″ x 3.5″ ATCs

Golden Fluid Acrylic on Watercolor Paper

This was another fun Port Townsend, Washington motel room painting. I wanted to do something larger than an ATC, yet all I had with me were these small 2.5″ x 3.5″ pieces of watercolor paper. I don’t travel with scotch tape, so I scrounged around my motel room until I came up with the sticky part of the airline luggage tag. I cut little pieces of it with my tiny travel sewing kit scissors and taped the ATCs together on the back, so I could paint this in my motel room. I almost didn’t take it apart, except that I could envision it matted something like this.

About Raymond Charles Barker

Raymond Charles Barker was an influential American minister and author in the mid-twentieth century. He wrote such books as The Power of Decision and Treat Yourself to Life, on ways to change subconscious patterns. He became president of the International New Thought Alliance in 1943, a group practicing the religious philosophy developed in the late 1800’s by Phineas Quimby, with early proponents including Ralph Waldo Emerson. Unity Church and Divine Science are among its later offshoots. He founded the First Church of Religious Science in Manhattan in 1946 and served as its minister until 1979. He died in 1988 at the age of 77.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment