Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Don’t Wanna Wear This Doggy Sweater!

“Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone.  The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.
–Lin Yutang

Boy, isn’t that the truth!



I Don’t Wanna Wear This Doggy Sweater! – 4″ x 4″ Watercolor

This painting is a little portrait of Stacey’s dog Alex (WetCanvas).  I have created such a look on her face!  She looked worried in the photo, but I seem to have created something different, though I was really trying to capture the worry.    I seem to have something like… “I swear!  If you make me go outside in this sweater, I will never be able to show my face in this neighborhood again!  Pleeeeease take it off!!  I don’t want to be the laughing stock of the whole town!  Come on,  Mom!”  :)

Tune in tomorrow for Stacey’s cat, Panny.  Totally different approach and way fun!

Lin Yutang (October 10, 1895 – March 26, 1976) was a Chinese writer and inventor. His informal but polished style in both Chinese and English made him one of the most influential writers of his generation, and his compilations and translations of classic Chinese texts into English were bestsellers in the West.  more…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment