Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tasty Tidbits

“Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.”
– John Updike



Tasty Tidbits – 7″ x 8″ Watercolor

This was painted from a photo by Astrid at WetCanvas.  Astrid and her hubby like to go on cruises and this is some of the desserts found on one of their trips.   I have never been on a cruise.  I’m not sure I’d like it.  I sure did have fun painting the desserts, though!

Power was out all morning, here in Eufaula again.  Another bad storm came through last night and downed some power lines.  They had a water main break, too.  This time, I stuck it out, since I already had a fire truck in my shop, ready to be lettered.  Thank goodness I had all the graphics ready.  No electricity or water needed.  At noon, they had it all back on.  Now I’m waiting on the storm that’s due to hit this afternoon.  Let’s hope our brand new mayor doesn’t have to deal with a third outage this week.  (fingers crossed)   :)

About John Updike

John Updike, the Pulitzer Prize–winning American novelist known for his careful craftsmanship and small-town settings, published more than 60 books before his death in 2009. Born in Pennsylvania in 1932, he suffered from stammering as a child and was encouraged by his mother to write. After college, he joined The New Yorker as a regular contributor. He is best known for his series of novels about a fictional alter ego, including Rabbit, Run and Rabbit at Rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment