Monday, August 29, 2011

Travel Moose Postcard

“Remember there are no mistakes, only lessons.  Love yourself, trust your choices, and everything is possible.”
–Cheri Carter-Scott

 

Travel Moose Postcard – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor and Sharpie

Okay, I’ll fess up.  I did this one before I actually got to Idaho.  It was a travel moose.  I needed something that was portable and a little fun.  I have been noticing artists doing zentangles lately and thought I’d try my hand at it…  in a fashion.  All the watercolor came first, then a fine Sharpie was used to do the zentangle work.  The only ones I have ever seen were just black and white.  Did I do it right?

I didn’t really get to paint until half way through my vacation.  The first half was all about spending time with family.  I can’t tell you how long it’s been since my brother, sister, mother and I were all together at once.  I think it had to be in the 80′s.  I saw all of them in 2009, but not together.  I was lucky enough to travel to Oak Harbor, Washington and Blackfoot, Idaho that fall, to spend time with them.  The last time my brother and sister and I were together, was when my dad passed away, over seven years ago.

My little sis is going to retire on Wednesday the 31st.  I am so happy for her.  My hubby retired on August 31st, too….. 10 years ago.    Me?  Oh no… not ready to retire yet.  :)

Cherie Carter-Scott, Ph.D
New York Times #1 Best Selling author Cherie Carter-Scott, Ph.D. has been coaching change successfully since 1974. Dr. Carter-Scott is an international author, entrepreneur, consultant, lecturer, teacher/trainer, talk-show host, and seminar leader. Her company, Motivation Management Service Institute, Inc. (MMS), has reached millions of people worldwide. Dr. Carter-Scotts Fortune 500 corporate clients include: AMI, FMC, American Express, IBM, GTE, State Farm Insurance, AMI, SGI, Burger King, and Better Homes and Gardens Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment