Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Laughing Pink Bull Elk

“Let a joy keep you. Reach out your hands and take it when it runs by.”
– Carl Sandburg



The Laughing Pink Bull Elk – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

Okay, a pink Bull Elk did not just wander by, while I was painting.  The reference photo for this painting was actually from the WetCanvas RIL, and was contributed by Crias.  And… if you asked Crias if that elk was pink, I am certain they would deny it to the end.  But, as I was the artist wielding the brush, I took my usual creative liberty.   Anything can (and usually does) happen.  he he

Okay, it was not laughing in the reference photo either.   It just happens to be very fun being me.  :D

This painting became my granddaughter’s Birthday card.  She may be used to me by now.  …not sure.  :)

About Carl Sandburg

American poet, songwriter, and journalist Carl Sandburg played an essential role in the Chicago renaissance of the early twentieth century. He won two Pulitzer Prizes, one for poetry and one as a historian. He was born in Illinois in 1878. When he was 19, he hopped a westbound train and lived as a hobo. His poetry is filled with slang and the language of ordinary Americans. His publications include Chicago Poems, Cornhuskers, and the children’s series, Rootabaga Stories. He died in 1967.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment