Thursday, September 13, 2012

Auntie Faye’s 4″ x 6″ Postcard – Without the Sock Monkey

“What a time to be alive!
There are no ideas that are totally tapped down,
no ideology is adequate to the task of this time.
So it is a time for really alive, innovative people.
I have my oar in the water with everyone else.
I am rowing in the direction I can….
It is great to be alive!”
Fran Peavey

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Auntie Faye’s 4″ x 6″ Postcard – Without the Sock Monkey

The sock monkey is actually a little town marketing thing we got wrapped up in.  I don’t begrudge the folks at Auntie Faye’s for their decision to take it out for the postcard.  I’m just happy that I know how!   Yay Photoshop and Tara Reed’s tutorial that I purchased a couple years ago.   :D

I love today’s quote!  It came from Ruth Fishel’s little book Wrinkles Don’t Hurt – Daily Meditations on the Joy of Aging Mindfully.  I love that book!!

Fran Peavey has worked in many fields: college professor, taxi driver, junior high teacher, comedian. For 30 years she has been working as a human rights campaigner, comedian, and social change worker. “For more than half her life…Peavey has been at the barricades, challenging the status quo, trying to build a new culture of peaceful co-operation and social justice…Fran Peavey reminds that ordinary people can make a difference.” David Leser, in “Good Weekend”Fomerly a member of the world renowned Atomic Comics, she teaches “heart politics to social changeworkers around the world.  (copied bio info from Amazon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment