Thursday, October 4, 2012

Aunt Opal’s 99th Birthday Card – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink on 5″ x 7″ Black Greeting Card

“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things…”
Robert Brault

So true.  One of my favorite memories of my dad is he and I having an ice cream sundae at Howard Johnson’s… just the two of us.  A simple little moment in time, yet all these years later, one of my favorite moments.

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Aunt Opal’s 99th Birthday Card – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink on 5″ x 7″ Black Greeting Card

The hubby’s aunt Opal turned 99 last month and we attended her birthday party at The Canadian First Methodist Church on Sunday.   She is such a joy and we love seeing her surrounded by people that she loves.  I had fun making her card.   I am looking forward to doing a special one for her 100th birthday.  :)

On Robert Brault’s blog: I am a free-lance writer who has contributed to magazines and newspapers in the USA for over 40 years. I offer my writings here as an entertainment only, pursuing no agenda and promoting no political philosophy. You can read more here.

I got his quote from my little Simple Truths book Stress is a Choice, by David Zerfoss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment