Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Church in Switzerland - 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Purple Prismacolor Chisel Marker



“The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.”
Chinese Proverb


Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012


Church in Switzerland -  4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Purple Prismacolor Chisel Marker

“A street and church in Fabian’s home village.” is what Wendy (Sundiver) at WetCanvas said about the photo when she posted it for us to paint from.    She also said… “For those of you who wish a challenge, here’s one: Take any aspect, such as colour, shape, value, rhythm, contrast, etc (or any combination of these) and push them farther into abstraction than you usually do.  Some of the mountain scenes I saw made me think of the work of Stephen Quiller , for example.”

So… I painted it in a manner similar to Stephen Quiller, who’s work I love.  :)

I think I like black outlines better than purple though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment