Friday, December 28, 2012

Kansas City Skyline – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor & Ink

“Man can only become what he is able to consciously imagine.”
Dane Rudhyar

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Kansas City Skyline – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor & Ink

If you find it a little curious that I would switch from painting Eufaula, Oklahoma to painting Kansas City…  I have a reason.  I was asked to be part of a show in Kansas City in April.  They don’t even start jurying until later next month, but I’m in!   I am one of 30 artists who will be in the show.  I am excited!  My art has shown in different places around the country, but I didn’t go with it.  This is a wonderful opportunity and you can look forward to seeing more paintings like this over the next few months.

I’m having a great time painting these buildings!  I wonder what is in the fancier tops of some of the buildings.  I am imagining swanky penthouses.  The photo reference for this painting was contributed to the cause by my longtime friend, Jim “Botee” Meyer.  We have been friends since I was about 18 years old and I was living in Kansas City.  Don’t try to do the math… it’ll hurt your head!  :D

About Dane Rudhyar

Dane Rudhyar was a respected modernist composer as well as a pioneering modern psychological astrologer. He was born in Paris in 1895 as Daniel Chennevière and immigrated to the United States in the early 1900′s. His music utilizes dissonant harmony; he claimed to be inspired by the cadence of speech. His work influenced a group of composers known as the ultramodernists. He also wrote a number of astrology books, including the seminal Astrology of Personality. He died in 1985.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment