Monday, December 10, 2012

Explore the World with Reading – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink

“Surround yourself only with those people who are going to lift you higher.”
Oprah Winfrey

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Explore the World with Reading – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink

Explore is this week’s word for Illustration Friday.  What better way is there to explore, than through reading?  I love books!  I am so glad that I like to read.  The world opens up to you with books, and takes you wherever you want to go. 

Right now, I am reading The Silent Sea, a Clive Cussler novel and I’m in Argentina fighting off bad guys and trying to get back to my submersible, which will take me back to The Oregon, our high tech ship.

I painted this from a reference by SkattyKat at WetCanvas.  Kat lives in France and had wonderful images to paint from!

Clive Cussler is the author of many New York Times bestsellers, most recently The Spy and Lost Empire. He lives in Arizona.

Oprah Winfrey

Media giant Oprah Winfrey was born in the poor rural town of Kosciusko, Mississippi on January 29, 1954. In 1976, Winfrey moved to Baltimore, where she hosted a hit TV chat show, People Are Talking, after which she was recruited by a Chicago TV station to host her own morning show. Later she went on to pursue her two-and-a-half decade stint as host of the wildly popular Oprah Winfrey show.  More….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment