Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Salina, KS Church – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor & Ink

“I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.”
William Penn

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

A Salina, KS Church – 8″ x 10″ Watercolor & Ink

I painted this from a photo by Suzanne Wallick at Paint My Photo.  I showed you the ink drawing on my post here, while I was trying to decide if I was brave enough to do the bricks.  I actually painted the whole thing, then added the bricks after I looked at it for a few days.  I’m glad I did it, because the bricks really make the painting.  :)

William Penn (October 14, 1644–July 30, 1718) founded the Province of Pennsylvania, the British North American colony that became the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. The democratic principles that he set forth served as an inspiration for the United States Constitution. Ahead of his time, Penn also published a plan for a United States of Europe, “European Dyet, Parliament or Estates.”  More here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment