Thursday, January 10, 2013

Church in Salina, KS – 8″ x 10″ Ink so far

“Become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid.”
Lady Bird Johnson

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Church in Salina, KS – 8″ x 10″ Ink

This is the painting I’m working on now.  Many, many times, while working on this, I found myself saying out loud… “What was I thinking?”  Can you imagine how smart the architects had to be to design this building?  I’m trying to decide whether to add the bricks…. in some fashion or another.  It would really add to the painting, but it would make me go insane!  Hmmmmm…. what to do.   Maybe I should read Lady Bird Johnson’s quote again.  :D

I am painting this from a photo by Suzanne Wallick at Paint My Photo.

About Lady Bird Johnson

Claudia Alta “Lady Bird” Johnson, the wife of President Lyndon Johnson, is known for her concern for the environment. She was born in Texas in 1912. Johnson asked her to marry him seven weeks after they met. She supported his career by keeping his congressional office running after his heart attack, stumping for Democratic candidates, and visiting 33 countries as his emissary. She founded the Wildflower Research Center and worked to pass the Highway Beautification Act. She lived in Texas until her death in July 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment