Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Fly By - A Little 4" x 6" Watercolor

“Always behave like a duck — keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.”
– Jacob Braude
.
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
.
A Fly By – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor
.
Of course I have to paint during airport layovers.  I filed this image away in my brain on the way to Denver, then started the painting while waiting for my flight to Idaho Falls.  I didn’t paint on the planes this trip because I was at the tail end of a good book.   I was reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.  It was a really good read.  I finished it on the way from Idaho Falls to Denver and bought John Grisham’s new book, The Racketeer – A Novel, at the airport.   It’s really good, too!
.
I love books!  I hope to never have to go to an electronic reader, such as Kindle.  I’m pretty tired of electronic devices, by the time I curl up with a book.  There’s just something pure about that kind of joy.  :)
.

About Jacob Braude

American judge and author Jacob Braude was a fount of humorous and inspirational stories and quotations, which he used to regale the courtroom in Cook County, Illinois, where he presided for more that 35 years. His books of sayings, including Speaker’s Encyclopedia of Humor and Braude’s Treasury of Wit and Humor, have been mined by toastmasters and lecturers for decades. He was born in 1896 and died in 1970.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment