Monday, September 9, 2013

Zentangle Buffalo

“I do believe it is possible to create, even without ever writing a word or painting a picture, by simply molding one’s inner life. And that too is a deed.”
– Etty Hillesum
.
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Zentangle Buffalo

When in Idaho…. yeah, I was having fun painting the local flavor.  I was content to hang out in my cabin, painting from my Bethville brain.  I’ve been having fun with this particular twist on my usual style.  Each painting takes a really long time, though.    :)

About Etty Hillesum

Etty Hillesum, less famous than her contemporary, Anne Frank, lived a short life of great courage. She was born in 1914 in the Netherlands to a Dutch father and a Russian mother. She studied law, Slavic languages, and psychology. Hungry for knowledge, she cut down on food in order to buy books. She went voluntarily to the Westerbork camp to help fellow Jews interned by the Nazis. Her letters detail her experiences; her more meditative diary focuses on issues of faith. She died at Auschwitz in 1943.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment