Monday, September 30, 2013

Thank You!

“I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.”
– Pablo Picasso


Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Thank You!

I painted this for my new friends, Val & Mary Easley.  They have been friends of my hubby’s for decades, but I just met them. 

We drove to Clinton, OK this weekend and spent time with this wonderful couple.   Mary is a die-hard crafter.  She has a sewing room that made me drool!  Then, outside is another whole building where she crafts all kinds of things.   I loved seeing all that, but more than anything, Val and Mary are two of the nicest people I have ever met.  Val is almost 82 and Mary is a young chickie of 72 and they have been married for 31 years.   They were awesome!

If you follow this blog, you may have noticed that I have been missing in action.  I’m still here, but I have had to exercise some self restraint, where the computer is concerned.  I’ve been so busy in my sign shop that it has had to come first.  It’s amazing how much I can get done when I don’t spend the first 2 hours of my day on blogging and social media.  Since 2007, I have blogged 5 days a week.  I’m just going to cut that back to maybe once a week.  I am going to try anyway.  I love doing this and I love being part of a larger art family, for sure.

I am still painting every morning between 5-6 am.  That will never stop.  :D

About Pablo Picasso

 

Pablo Picasso, the Spanish painter at the forefront of Cubism, is perhaps best known for his painting Guernica, which depicts the hopelessness and violence of war. The masterpiece hung in the Museum of Modern Art in New York until democracy was restored in Spain; the painting was then sent home, where it hangs now at Reina Sofí a, Spain’s national museum of modern art. Born in Spain in 1881, Picasso spent his adult life in France. Although he’s known for his abstract paintings, his realistic work, particularly his Blue Period, was equally accomplished. He loved to be surrounded by friends and had multiple love affairs. He died in 1973.

2 comments:

Annie - said...

Love your art and style! Thanks so much for following my blog - I am not following you :-)

http://anniesdoodlebugz.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Annie!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment