Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Barbados Ornament - November 4, 2009

"It's tempting to sit and wait for life to come to you. But it can't, it's too busy. Life is out there. You have to go for it."
--Harry Beckwith


Barbados Ornament
4" x 4" Watercolor

I guess you've noticed that I have been doing some of my Christmas cards. I am trying to paint cards for my family before it becomes a hurry-up-and-rush pressure type of painting. In October and November, I can paint with relaxation and nice thoughts of the recipient, rather than the pressure of the season.

I love being able to do these cards. Since I try to paint something every day, if I can, I have been putting my little paintings on birthday & anniversary cards for my family. They really seem to enjoy them.

Harry Beckwith has advised 31 Fortune 200 companies in 17 countries and won the American Marketing Association's highest award, for clients including Target, Wells Fargo and Microsoft.


His four books have earned over $21 million in sales in 24 translations. His first, Selling the Invisible, spent 36 consecutive months on the Business Week best seller list, and appears on numerous "best business books of all time" lists.
He also is featured in The Ten Secrets of World's Best Business Communicators and over 90 other business books.

Harry graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford University and from University of Oregon School of Law, which led to a law clerkship to a federal judge.

In 1986 he was named creative supervisor of Carmichael-Lynch, four times Advertising Age's choice as America's most creative agency.

Harry serves on the Board of Directors for the Stanford University Department of Athletics, advises a cancer foundation, and teaches second grade part-time. A co-founder of one of the world's premier road races, the Cascade RunOff, he has run more than twice around the world since 1975.

A father of five boys and a girl, he lives overlooking a Minnesota forest with two of his true loves: his wife--the author Christine Clifford Beckwith--and his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment